According to Engadget, Roblox is suing a person who was banned by the platform years ago for allegedly terrorizing the game platform and its developer community. The Roblox Corporation wants Benjamin Robert Simon to end allegations of harassment of employees and users on Roblox and elsewhere, and to pay $1.7 million in damages.
Roblox sues Benjamin Robert Simon banned for platform terrorism
In the profile is Polygon Reportedly, the company claimed that Simon was the alleged cybermob, which encouraged illegal practices to influence Roblox and its users. Roblox banned him years ago, accused of using homophobic and racist slurs, harassment, and sexual harassment. Simon is said to use accounts created and hacked by others to maintain access to the platform.
The lawsuit file includes several examples of intentional misconduct by Simon. Among them was an allegation that he posted “false and misleading terrorist threats” last month that led to the temporary closure of the Roblox Developers Conference in San Francisco.
In addition, Simon is also accused of “showing the murder and shooting on April 3, 2018 at YouTube headquarters in San Bruno, California (USA) and threatening to act like a terrorist at Roblox headquarters in San Mateo, California (USA) nearby’. Roblox also claimed he tried to upload a nude photo of himself and Adolf Hitler, and attempted to upload a sex game to the platform.
Simon is a popular Youtuber known as Ruben Sim, which is said to have profited from stunt videos uploaded to the Roblox and Patreon platforms. The Roblox Corporation is suing him for, among other things, breach of contract, fraud, and alleged violations of both the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act and the Computer Data Access and Fraud Act comprehensive of California.
Roblox has tens of millions of daily users, many of whom are children. Keeping the bad guys away from the platform as much as possible is important to help protect the platform’s young audience. The lawsuit follows an outage that took Roblox offline for 3 days.