New 12th Gen Intel Core mobile processors promise ultimate support for laptops and desktops; serving businesses, and IoT applications.
At the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2022, Intel officially launched the world’s fastest mobile processor. And for the first time, the performance hybrid architecture is adopted across mobile platforms with the new 12th Gen Intel Core mobile processors, up to 40% faster than previous generation products. Intel introduced 28 12th Gen Intel Core mobile processors, offering a rich feature set to suit any computing task, making it easy for laptop users to use anywhere. , every time, regardless of barriers.
With the introduction of the complete 12th Gen Intel Core desktop processor family, the 12th Gen Intel Core processors also represent Intel’s most scalable product line to date, ensures support for diverse designs, suitable for individual users, businesses, Internet of Things (IoT) systems and other applications.
“Intel’s new hybrid performance architecture is helping to accelerate the pace of innovation and the future of computing,” said Gregory Bryant, vice president and general manager, Intel’s Client Computing Group. With the 12th Gen Intel Core mobile processors, we are unlocking new experiences and setting performance standards with the fastest-ever laptop processor.”
Introducing Intel’s 12th generation mobile processors
Intel continues its industry leadership with the launch of all-new 12th Gen Intel Core H-series mobile processors, starting with the Intel Core i9-12900HK – more than just a gaming platform the world’s best mobile processor but also the fastest mobile processor ever created.
By pairing Performance cores (P-cores) with Efficient cores (E-cores) and intelligently distributing and managing workloads through Intel Thread Director, the Intel Core i9-12900HK processor new will improve system performance on single and multithreaded applications.
Based on the Intel 7 process, the new 12th generation H-series processors offer:
● 12th Gen Intel Core i9-12900HK with frequency up to 5 GHz, 14 cores (6 Performance cores and 8 Efficient cores) as well as 20 threads, making it the fastest mobile processor. It delivers superior performance over previous generations of Intel and its competitors.
● Performance-enhanced gaming experience on top titles and content creation tools. 12th Gen Intel Core H-series delivers the world’s best mobile gaming platform, delivering up to 28% faster gameplay than the previous market-leading mobile gaming device: Intel Core i9-11980HK. Besides, the 12th generation Intel Core H-series does more than just fulfill the task of content creators. For example, users can experience up to 43% better performance in gen-over-gen 3D rendering.
● Wide memory support for DDR5/LPDDR5 and DDR4/LPDDR4 modules up to 4800 MT/s – an industry first for H-series mobile processors.
● Nearly three times faster connections on exclusive high-speed channels, and free from legacy Wi-Fi interference. Using Intel Wi-Fi 6E (Gig+)v integration gives users the comfort of working, studying from home, and relaxing with smooth, high-quality streaming.
● Thunderbolt 4 support delivers transfer speeds of up to 40Gbps and connects PCs to multiple 4K displays and accessories.
Designed for passionate gamers, content creators and technical professionals looking to maximize laptop power, the new 12th Gen Intel Core H-series mobile processors deliver Desktop-grade performance in a compact product. The microprocessor will begin to be used in systems from February 2022.
The expanded 12th Gen Intel Core product family also includes new U and P series mobile processors. With up to 14 cores and 20 threads and integrated Intel Iris Xe graphics, it operates at 28W base power and is designed for high-performance thin-and-light notebooks. Meanwhile, the U-series processors operate at 9 to 15W, designed for slim, form-optimized laptops. These mobile processors are specifically engineered to deliver the performance needed in a wide range of thin-and-light notebook computers and advanced form factors that Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) manufacturers have to offer. will deliver in 2022, including a foldable, 2-in-1, detachable, and more.
Built to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, including routine workloads, business productivity, and high-definition (FHD) gaming needs, Intel Core U and P mobile processors This 12th generation series, due out in the first quarter of 2022, includes devices designed for both Windows and Chrome operating systems.
12th Gen Intel Core desktop processor additions and new platform options
Also today, 22 new processors have officially joined the “family” of 12th generation Intel Core desktop processors, ranging from Intel Core i9 to Pentium and Celeron. These processors (65 watts and 35 watts) deliver a boost of power and great performance for gaming, content creation, and more. Intel also introduced the Intel Laminar Cooler bundled with a new 65-watt processor.
Additionally, Intel has introduced new Intel® H670, H610 and B660 chipsets, ensuring support for the right processors for a wide range of users. New chipset options bring great Z-series platform capabilities, like PCIe 4.0 lanes, integrated Intel Wi-Fi 6E (Gig+), and Intel Volume Management Devices (VMD) – and support Overclocking memory and processor.
“Microsoft and Intel have a long history of working together to deliver incredible performance and quality experiences to users around the world,” said Panos Panay, Product Manager at Microsoft. Whether you need your PC to play AAA’s latest game, encode 8K video, or develop complex geological models, the combination of Windows 11 and next-generation Intel Core mobile processors. 12th means you’ll have a powerful experience.”
“Tweaking games for maximum performance can be difficult,” said Maurizio de Pascale, CTO at IO Interactive. But, working with Intel and leveraging their decades of experience has resulted in commendable results – especially in optimizing the performance of 12th Gen Intel Core processors. For example, anyone playing games on a laptop with Intel’s 12th Gen Intel Core Mobile H-series processors will have the ultimate Hitman 3 experience.”
A new experience on mobile devices with Intel Evo
The launch of the 12th Gen Intel Core mobile processors also opens the door to updates to the Intel Evo platform for laptops and other compact products, verified by third version specifications and key experiential indicators of the Project Athena innovation program at Intel. More than 100 products co-engineered with 12th Gen Intel Core mobile processors – including new foldable displays and, for the first time, H-series in addition to the U and P-series – are expected to begin passing Intel Evo standards, and most will go on sale in the first half of 2022.
In addition to the sensitivity, real battery life, instant startup and fast charging, a host of other elements were added to the system and test sessions, known as “intelligent collaboration” collaboration)” was added to the third version specification. Intelligent collaboration ensures a better teamwork experience when using online meeting applications on PC, thanks to AI-based background noise reduction technology, integrated Intel Wi-Fi 6E (Gig +), Intel Connectivity Performance Suitevi, as well as optional AI-accelerated camera visual effects.
To further expand the user experience through accessories, Intel announced Engineered for Intel Evo and Intel Evo vPro programs to build end-to-end experiences, supported by Intel co-engineering and testing for Thunderbolt and Bluetooth products.
Intel vPro Platform: Designed for Every Business
With more than 15 years of experience in raising the standard for hardware-based security and performance in the industry, Intel is aiming to create new versions of the Intel vPro® platform to provide businesses with tailored approach, leveraging the enterprise-class performance of 12th Gen Intel Core.
● Intel vPro Enterprise: The feature-packed platform with enterprise-class computing, advanced security, modern management, and stability for businesses of all sizes. The platform now supports Chrome OS with Intel vPro Enterprise on Chrome.
● Intel vPro and Intel Evo Design: Combine the benefits of Evo and vPro to create a family of products for mobile professionals who need an exceptional user experience.
● Intel vPro Essentials: Meet your small business’s platform computing needs with built-in security features and performance, including basic PC management features.